The first thing I will try to do for my clients is to contact the probation officer. Sometimes the probation officer is able to change the terms but other times they have been set by the court and require other permission. Talking to the probation officer is always the first step when an individual is looking to change the terms of their probation. If you are looking for a New York probation attorney, Paul D. Petrus Jr. can help you with his vast experience in a variety of criminal areas.